Come follow us on our journey to create our family through adoption!

Thursday, April 30, 2009


We are set to leave in 22 days. Sylvie's room is ready, we have packing lists typed up, we have informed our employers and arranged time off....

Now with the Swine Flu, there is some concern that CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) might be holding off on issuing Notices of Coming to China - travel approval.

We were expecting to receive our Notice of Coming this week, or next week. Our travel facilitator has told us we will have to wait to see if if arrives in BC by Tuesday. If it has not, then we can assume that CCAA is delaying sending out approvals. Even if we do receive it, CCAA has advised families at this point not to travel.

At this point we just have to sit back and wait to see what happens with the Swine Flu over the weekend and the next few weeks. This is going to be a difficult couple of weeks, we would appreciate any good wishes and vibes. We are so close, and now....


  1. I think we need to stay positive until they tell us to change our flights! I am trying to anyway... thinking of you and you are not in this alone!

  2. I will be praying and crossing fingers and toes and sending positive thoughts.... Sylvie will be in your arms forever before you know it! I can only imagine it seems like an eternity right now... I just hope time passes quickly for you while you wait...

  3. Here's hoping you get that TA. Heard today that CCAA is allowing fingers crossed!!!! I so wish I was coming to Nanning.....I MISS that city so much!!! Any other questions? Cant wait to see your pictures while your in China!!